Nutrition & Physical Activity
VACCHO delivers a range of activities to promote healthy eating for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities in Victoria.
This includes supporting VACCHO Members’ through:
- training, professional development and mentoring
- working in partnership with Cancer Council Victoria, Dental Health Services Victoria, and Diabetes Victoria.
- partnering with, and contributing to, the Rethink Sugary Drink Alliance
- nutrition information resources
- support with healthy policies
- nutrition research and evaluation.
Resources for ACCOs and Community members
The VACCHO Nutrition team has developed a range of nutrition information resources for Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations and Community members to download. print, display, distribute and keep.
Healthy Tucker Resources
- Healthy Tucker cards – This handy little wallet-sized card can be printed and used to compare food and drinks based on their nutrition information panel located on the label. It helps compare saturated fat, sugar and sodium (salt) and generally assists in making healthier food and drink choices.
- Traffic light guide for healthy tucker – Explains step-by-step how to use the Healthy Tucker Card and Healthy Drinks Card to compare food and drink labels
Tucker Talk tip sheets
These printable factsheets provides nutrition and physical activity information for families
Tucker talk tip sheets for kids
These printable factsheets provides nutrition and physical activity information for families with young children
Healthy deadly lunch boxes
The book includes:
- Loads of healthy, deadly lunch box menus!
- Tips for packing a healthy, deadly lunch box
- Healthy packaged snacks ideas
- Food and drinks to leave out of a lunch box
- Healthy food swaps
- Tips for keeping food fresh and safe
- Tips for saving money on food
Free downloadable and printable posters to display at your organisation
- Caring for Community – 5 star BBQ
- Caring for Community – Healthy BBQ tips
- Rethink Sugary Drink
- Sports drinks are gammin!
- Drink Water You Mob! Our Stories
- Drink Water You Mob! Our Stories – healthy Koori organisations
- Packing a healthy, deadly lunch box!
- Stress-free meal times
- Healthy food swaps
- What’s in that snack?
- Processed and unprocessed foods
Got a query? Get in touch by filling out and submitting the form below or by phone 03 9411 9411.